1-Day Workshop with Barry O'Reilly - April 24th, 2019
Venue: Croke Park, Dublin (entry on Jones’ Road through the Hogan Stand). Registration opens at 8am. Workshop starts at 9am.
Large organizations often struggle to launch innovative products, improve processes or create environments to help their people succeed. A number of factors conspire to obstruct moving fast at scale; competing priorities, siloed thinking, risk averse cultures and an inability to adopt an experimentation mindset all play a part. Lean Enterprise: How High Performance Organization Innovate At Scale lays out an alternative future vision for organizations with practical principles and patterns to help you move fast at scale—and demonstrate why and how to apply these methodologies throughout your entire organization, rather than with just one department or team. Smart enterprises constantly evolve their system of work, from governance and financial management to technical architecture and organizational design in the pursuit of radically improved performance. Adopting Lean Enterprise is challenging, will take time and commitment, but is vital to harness the forces that can accelerating the rate of innovation in your organization.
In this training we’ll discuss how to take a scientific approach to developing products, processes and people while running large scale programs of work. You’ll also learn how to create a capability that enables your organization to transform continuously to meet internal, market and customer demands. This training uses our Orient, Explore, Accelerate, Transform framework to guide you through the key components of creating high performance organizations. Orient Organizations often struggle to launch innovative products, improve processes or create environments to help their people succeed. A number of factors conspire to obstruct moving fast at scale; competing priorities, siloed thinking, risk averse cultures and an inability to adopt an experimentation mindset all play a part.
● Create shared understanding of purpose, vision and direction between business leaders and teams
● Define business strategy and prioritize investment horizons of now, next and later
● Develop strategic and execution plans for explore, exploit, sustain and retire domains for the innovation portfolio
● Create success measures and outcomes to inspect and adapt the portfolio of the organization to achieve high performance Explore Developed a scientific, data-driven approach to business model innovation, product development and customer engagement. Discover products that make your users awesome and drive the growth of your business.
● Engage the organization (and market) with a clearly articulated product vision.
● Embrace Hypothesis-driven development to see new ideas, products and services – even organizational change – as a series of experiments to determine whether an expected outcome will be achieved.
● Leverage innovation accounting to make better decisions in highly uncertain environments.
● Go and see. Get out of the building to test with real customers and users Accelerate Rapid learning cycles are the proven rocket fuel for evolving your product rapidly and safely based on customer and user feedback. Discover how to out-learn and out-execute your competition. ● Communicate clear team objectives and goals to impact business outcomes.
● How to manage to outcomes not output with robust governance, tracking and reporting.
● Map out end-to-end flow using value streams.
● Deploy the Improvement Kata and Coaching Kata to run large programs of work.
● Improve clarity, strategic alignment and execution across the entire organization. Transform The best companies pursue higher performance relentlessly through harnessing the skills and capabilities of their people. Learn how to grow a highly aligned, high velocity organization by creating a culture of experimentation and learning.
● Understand the management strategies, structures and skills necessary to manage innovation portfolios at scale.
● Map out your organization’s portfolio based on the innovation lifecycle using the three horizons model.
● Create a culture of continuous improvement using regular reflection, feedback and coaching.
● Implement Management Innovation across the wider organization including planning, HR and finance.
● Executives interested in strategy, leadership, organizational culture and good governance
● Directors of Product, Technology, IT and Operations
● Anyone working in program or project management, including members of the PMO
● Product Development teams and leaders
Barry O’Reilly works with leading global organizations on continuous improvement using lean and agile practices and principles. He has been an entrepreneur, employee and consultant. After several startups, his focus shifted towards larger enterprises where he has explored the intersection of business model innovation, product development, organizational design and culture transformation. He is a co-author of Lean Enterprise: How High Performance Organization Innovate At Scale, the latest addition to the Eric Ries Lean Series and a Harvard Business Review must read for would-be CEO’s. He is an internationally sought after speaker and frequent writer for The Economist. Barry is Founder and CEO of ExecCamp, the entrepreneurial experience for executives, and Antennae it’s mission to help technology led businesses innovate at scale.
Get your early bird tickets for this full-day workshop, or maximise your learning & savings with our workshop + ALI2019 conference 2-day ticket bundle
“Barry was instrumental in the conception and formation of an ‘innovation engine’ at lastminute.com. Not only were we able to identify and develop winning ideas at pace but the whole organization was reinvigorated by an approach which delivered measurable results, doubling revenue for the business.”
– John Crosby former Chief Product, Trading and Commercial Officer at lastminute.com and Travelocity International
“Barry helped AIB, the largest retail bank in Ireland, achieve a step change in its digital journey. By combining his senior level communication skills with his deep insight on how to leverage technology at scale, he influenced key stakeholders across the bank to do things differently.”
– Allan Molloy Head of Customers, Channels and Payments, Allied Irish Bank
“Agility in a digital world is no longer optional and if you don’t embrace experimentation and value based decision making in your market, then someone else will. Barry can take you and your team on a journey towards disrupting the disruptors and then, like us, you will learn to use techniques such as Lean Product Development and Workload Visualisation in order to make the right “customer-based” decisions. These techniques also made us address every aspect of our thinking from just in time architecture towards continuous delivery, hence cutting cycle times in half in order to deliver new products and platforms more frequently. In fact we went from huge twice yearly releases to multiple releases per day. This way of working not only energizes the team but it enables innovation through learning and more importantly builds mutual respect between stakeholders which may be broken.”
– Fin Goulding, former CIO at PaddyPower BetFair