The key role of leaders in Agile organizations is to enable the mindset, values, and principles of Agile to take shape in their teams and organizational culture. This means that leaders must also go through a transformation in which they face the self-deceptions that helped them get where they are but now hinder their ability to support their organization. All transformation efforts are a journey through change whether they be for one person or many. Awareness of one’s self-deception offers an
opportunity to investigate what is really driving the behaviours that support and undermine the journey.
This session will investigate the lies we tell ourselves that both help and hinder our individual and organisational success.
Participants will be given an opportunity to explicitly identify self-deceptions and identify an action that begins the journey to deeper self-awareness.
Participants will be able to
• Explain the common types of lies we tell ourselves
• Describe how we benefit from self-deception
• Recognize accepted group deceptions in organizational
• Discuss the impacts of deceptive behaviour at the individual,
team and organization levels
• Practice bringing self-deception and group deception forward
• Identify a specific action that can be taken to apply this
knowledge in your day to day life